JetHead, a developer and integrator of embedded software technology, and member of the Frog community created by Wyplay, today announce an update of the pre-integrated Second-Screen Video solution for the Frog Turnkey middleware.
Working with the very latest Frog 4.4.3 release, the solution demonstrates how operators can add value by extending the reach of their video services inside the home onto second screen devices, without using bandwidth from their existing internet connection.
Second screen devices running the iOS and Android operating systems are supported and can receive broadcast video services through the FROG turnkey middleware based set-top-box (STB), with a simple app store download.
Content security between the operator network and the second screen devices is handled using the operators’ favorite DRM technology. JetHead has begun the integration with Verimatrix ViewRight Gateway and ViewRight Web DRM technology, and more DRM integrations will follow in 2017.
“Many of our operators have asked about such a solution” says Dominique Feral, Chief Marketing Officer and co-founder of Wyplay. “JetHead has a long history working with cutting edge in-home video distribution technology, and we are pleased to have JetHead providing this solution, enriching Frog Turnkey.
The Second-Screen Video solution is immediately available for evaluation, and will be demonstrated at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, January 5-8, 2017:
- JetHead demonstration suite (Venetian Zeno 4604)
- Wyplay demonstration suite (Venetian San Polo 3401)
What is the Second-Screen Video solution?
The solutions can be integrated into most Frog-based operator network.
Consumers can more conveniently watch operator content, finally free from the stationary TV normally associated with pay-TV STB deployment.
Depending on the number of tuners in the STB, it is possible to stream live content to both the STB/TV and one or more mobile devices simultaneously.
If the STB is a DVR capable of storing video, then stored video can also be delivered to multiple mobile devices simultaneously, up to the capabilities of the system.
The JetHead Second-Screen Video solution, Key Features:
- Delivery of operator content to in-home mobile devices using WiFi
- Live content
- DVR recordings
- Trick-mode support
- Subtitle and Closed-Captioning support
- Not using costly internet bandwidth to deliver the video
- Low cost and simple to deploy and use
- Secure delivery and playback of operator content
- Broadcast CA to DRM conversion in the Frog STB
- Link protection from Frog STB to mobile using DRM technology
- iOS or Android applications
- mobile phone or tablet support
- User Interface - Frog Turnkey compatible
- Simple App customization for operator branding
- Internet delivery of video if broadband is available
- Application customization
- Internet connection to support DRM based link protection
- STB and mobile device connected using a home network
- Availability: Immediately for evaluation. Production in 2017.
CONTACT for further details:
David Bye, VP Marketing & Business Development,
JetHead Development Inc.
1815 Aston Ave. Suite 101
Carlsbad, CA 92008, USA